Update [Fri 16th Dec, 2022 05:15 GMT]: Version 2.0.1 is now officially live, here are the full patch notes courtesy of Inti-Creates:
Version 2.0.1 – Released December 16, 2023
- New content
- A new story mode, Epilogue: ATEMS Chapter, has been added. Additional details can be found here.
- An online dashboard has been added. Additional details can be found here.
- The chance of acquiring a new Image Pulse has been increased.
- Adjusted the effect of Passive Image Pulse “CORVETTE” to increase the appearance of credit items.
- Adjusted the effect of Passive Image Pulse “XIAO” to increase the number of credits acquired.
- Adjusted the Trial Mode timer design to increase visibility.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash if the player died near an ATEMS special troop.
- Fixed an issue when playing Gunvolt where it was not possible to dash into the air while descending after jumping.
- Fixed an issue where opening the menu right at the start of a boss fight would cause Story Mode+ to continue while paused.
- Fixed an issue where the player character would continuously take damage from contacting a boss during the special attack cinematic.
- Fixed an issue where homing image pulses would target the wrong parts of mid-boss “Aspis” during the “Sand Storm” mission.
- Fixed an issue when using “Frigid Blossom” TENJIAN where the ice effect would remain on screen after defeating a boss.
- Fixed an issue where using certain Image Pulses against Primal Dragon Gunvolt was not properly damaging the boss’ weak point.
- Fixed an issue where the score viewer in Trial Mode was not controlling as intended.
- Fixed an issue with the additional boss “Asimov” where the boss would become invulnerable, preventing player progress.
- Fixed an issue with the additional boss “Asimov” where an error could occur after using an SP attack.
- Various other issues have been fixed.
Original story [Thu 15th Dec, 2022 04:05 GMT]: Inti Creates has announced that the latest Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 free content campaign update will be released for the Nintendo Switch on December 16th.
Version 2.0.0 will add “ATEMS Epilogue” – a new story mode set after the events of the main game. It will include a new playable character (ZedΩ), new voice dialogue (Casey Mongillo), and will also add online leaderboards for players to show off their best performances.
If you haven’t tried Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 yet, it’s worth a look. In our Nintendo Life review, we said it was extremely replayable and complimented the stunning art. It also received several content updates, which you can read more about in our previous coverage: