In a promotion that kicked off Nov. 1, Disney+ subscribers now have early access to select exclusive Shop Disney merchandise, just in time for the holiday season. US customers can now purchase toys, collectibles, apparel and other products from top brands like Star Wars, Marvel, Disney Studios and Pixar before they go on sale to the general public.
Subscribers can access a site designed for them to purchase and check out what’s already available. Additionally, it will include QR for featured products located on the detail pages of select movies, series, and shorts as well as a new Shop tab on the main Disney+ profiles. Simply scan the QR codes with your smartphone and you’ll be taken directly to the shopDisney product pages. It is only in the testing phase, so the feature is available for a limited time.
“Special access to this curated collection of merchandise for the upcoming holiday season is the latest example of the many ways we’re experimenting to improve the user experience on Disney+, which includes improving the benefits of being a subscriber.” , said Alisa Bowen, president of Disney+ (via Variety). “We’re excited to partner with shopDisney to explore how we can potentially better serve our audience by expanding the ways they can interact with the stories and characters they love on Disney+.”
Here are some of the high-priced products available to Disney+ customers exclusively for a limited time:
- Black Panther Collectible Mask ($150)
- Ahsoka Tano Special Edition Doll signed by comedienne Ashley Eckstein ($50)
- Captain Carter Vibranium Shield ($400)
- The Mandalorian DarkSaber Legacy Bundle ($250)
- Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi Battle of the Heroes Legacy Lightsaber Set ($375)
- Ahsoka Tano Legacy Lightsaber Hilts signed by Eckstein ($400)
- Doctor Strange Cloak ($100)
- Scarlet Witch Ear Headband ($30)
- Black Panther Wakanda Forever Artist Series Jacket ($80)
- World of Wakanda Artist Series Puzzle ($25)
On top of all that, you’ll have exclusive access to shopDisney’s made-to-order merchandise, like shirts and sweatshirts from Pixar and Disney.
This type of Disney+ e-commerce trial comes a month before the streaming service introduces a cheaper tier with ads, but will increase the price of the ad-free version. On December 8, the ad-free version of Disney+ will drop from $7.99 to $10.99 per month, while the new Disney+ Basic with ads will be available for $7.99 per month.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.