343 Industries has revealed more about the Halo Infinite Winter update set to release on November 8, this time introducing numerous weapon balancing fixes that will arrive in sandbox mode. A few weapons will receive buffs to encourage players to use them more, while overperforming weapons will see small nerfs – here’s what’s changing.
Community manager Unyshek explains in the blog post that 343 has started looking at weapon balance in the Halo Infinite sandbox now that players are a bit more familiar with the gameplay. Looking at both player feedback and hard data on how weapons are used in-game, six of Halo Infinite’s weapons are tweaked for better or worse.
The Plasma Pistol and Disruptor are both getting upgrades that 343 hope will increase their in-game usability and effectiveness, while the Pulse Rifle and VK78 Commando have both been tweaked to increase their effectiveness at higher levels. shorter distances. In line for a nerf this update are both the BR75 and Frag Grenade, which will get minor downgrades in the interest of competitiveness. The full dev notes on the balance changes and their rationale can be read on the 343 blog.
Here is the full list of balance changes:
- Increased base shot damage from 20 to 28
- Increased charge shot angular velocity from 20 to 35 degrees per second
- Increased charged shot guided angular velocity at rest from 50 to 70 degrees per second
- Increased guided angular velocity at rest from 25 to 35 degrees per second
- Decreased angular velocity from 50 to 30 degrees per second
- Increased target main fraction from 0.35 to 1
- Increased guided projectile error radius from 0.2 to 0.22 degrees
- Increased headshot priority angle from 0 degrees to 0.1 degrees
- Increased bullet snap angle from 1.25 to 1.3 degrees
- Increased aim assist angle from 5 degrees to 6.25 degrees
- Decreased max min error angle from 0.8 to 0.6 degrees
- Headshot priority angle reduced from 0.25 to 0.2 degrees
- Bullet snap angle reduced from 2.4 to 2.2 degrees
- Bullet magnetism range reduced from 20wus to 18wus
- Bullet magnetism reduction range reduced from 12wus to 10wus
- Increased detonation time by 0.2 seconds
- Increased magazine ammo count from 10 to 12
The update will also add a movement update that will disable “instant slip”, indicating that the physics-based exploit had too much potential to “break the flow of the game”. A similar move known as the sidewalk slide will remain in the game, with 343 determining that its uses “were fun to watch and didn’t interrupt the flow of the game too much.”
The 343 blog post also contains a number of sandbox changes and bugfixes that will be removed in future updates, but won’t be ready in time for the winter update. Fixes for out-of-sync issues topped the list of 343, with a number of priority bugs to address first. 343 will also look at quality of life improvements for mouse and keyboard players, as well as future balance updates for weapons and features that seem overpowered.
The upcoming Winter Update will also introduce Match XP, as well as Campaign Co-op, Forge Beta, and more.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you purchase something featured on our site.